The Tusker Code


I am a pirate, daring and cunning. Though I may rat or mine or run missions, they take second place in my life.

I am a lifelong learner. I seek the respect of other space-farers through mastery of the martial skills, including use of the onboard scanner, probing complexes and spaceships, ship modules, and known procedures of CONCORD, faction police, and sentries. Knowing that the fight may be over before it has begun, I seek to engage others only on my terms.

I earn my own ISK and buy my own ships and supplies. I may share from my abundance with less fortunate Tuskers, and I may accept their largesse in turn. I split loot equitably with my gangmates, being especially gracious with those who have suffered material loss.

I appreciate the opportunity of flying with my Tusker comrades, thereby multiplying target opportunities. Tuskers learn from one another and Tuskers learn by doing. However, I do not need a gang to practice my nefarious profession, and hunt solo with ease.

I respect all my opponents, win, lose, or draw. I always volunteer a "gf." I am free with my praise and advice with a receptive foe. I invite those with promise to consider becoming a Tusker.

I relish opportunities to win a ransom, as prudence allows. If I am given the ransom I demand, or if I accept a ransom offer, I will honor that ransom. I will clearly communicate the terms and time limit of any ransom, and honor those terms before re-engaging a target. If I accidentally kill a target after receiving a ransom, or if I receive a ransom after having destroyed my target, I will return the ransom immediately.

I don't talk smack. My actions speak for themselves.

I post my kills and losses promptly, whenever another player shows up on my killmail.

I don't engage in consensual PVP (1-vs-1's or duels), for I wish to engage others only on my terms, and other pilots may be dishonorable. But as for me, should I ever accept a 1-vs.-1 or a duel, I shall honor it.

If I verbally invite someone into my fleet, or if I accept someone's verbal request to join my fleet, they are safe in fleet with me. I will let them know to watch out later, though, unless the Tusker diplomats grant them official standings.

Although it may be convenient for me to let my target falsely assume he's safe from me, he may hold me to anything I actually do say; I keep my word.