Eve University EON Ad

Eve University EON Ad


The new issue of EON should be out soon and I thought I'd share with you some of the work I helped with creating.  This ad is for Eve University.  This is one of my new favorite pieces.  To be frank I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this at first, but then I thought, why not create an actual "university" style ad for it?  Something you might see in a real world magazine for a real world University, except set in the universe of Eve?


You can see a bigger version by clicking HERE. There are some very challenging aspects to this piece that I enjoyed over coming.  Any time you add Eve ships to a real photograph you face extreme difficulties, mostly due to size relationships and quality of images.  Getting a high resolution Eve ship image is virtually impossible (for me at least, I don't have the extra hundred hours to model my own versions), so I have to rely on the in-game option.  Luckily we aren't limited to the old, get in it and take a screen shot anymore.


I went with two Noobie ships for obvious reasons, Noobs would certainly park their ships on Campus.  My favorite is the football player celebrating a touchdown with two Taranis flying overhead.  But the sexy teacher and the Gate Camp chalkboard are also classic.


Anyway, I hope you enjoy.  Look for more in the coming days and if you don't, you really should get a subscription to EON!  And no, I don't see a dime.  And if you would be interested in having me help you with your own ad in an upcoming issue just let me know.