The State of Commissions

At one point about two weeks ago I had 27 Eve-related projects on my list.  That list included banners, wallpapers, ads, logo designs, and just about anything else you could think of.  That might sound like a lot, but it isn't really.  Not during normal times.  Sadly, these have not been normal times.


About two months ago I came very, very close to experiencing a catastrophic event in my professional life.  The details are not important, but suffice to say that close call has taken every bit of attention that I could muster to prevent it from happening. The good news is that we are well on our way out of harms way.


I try not to allow Real Life to impact this blog or the work that I do for "fun".  As we all discover from time-to-time ourselves, that is an impossible goal.  Real life does often affect our playing time, or commitments in-game and other aspects of our Eve experience.  This is normal and as it should be.  As my Corp m8s would tell you themselves, my playing time those last two months has been nearly zero.  And this during a period when I was needed, for the war, for helping our new recruits (most of whom I was responsible for recruiting) and generally getting settled into our new home.


There is good news here as well.  Things are slowly returning to normal.  For anyone that has been waiting for my attention to your projects, I can assure you that you haven't been forgotten.  I am working my way through the list to you right now.  Those 27 projects have been honed down to only 12 right now.  My goal is to have everything completed before the middle of next week and the Thanksgiving break.


I appreciate all of you and thank you for your readership and your patience.