Blog Banter #18 - Whoops Apocalypse!


Welcome to the eighteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by none other than me, CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banterinvolves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed tocrazykinux@gmail.com. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

On May 6th 2010, EVE Online celebrated its 7th Anniversary. Quite a milestone in MMO history, especially considering that it is one of the few virtual worlds out there to see its population continually grow year after year. For some of you who’ve been here since the very beginning, EVE has evolved quite a lot since its creation. With the expansion rolling out roughly twice a year, New Eden gets renewed and improved regularly. But, how about you the player? How has you gaming style evolved through the years or months since you’ve started playing? Have you always been a carebear, or roleplayer? Have you only focused on PvP or have you given other aspects of the game a chance – say manufacturing. Let’s hear your story!



I am Rixx Javix.  Born to a back-water world in Caldari space, invaded and conquered by Gallente scum, son of a murdered family, raised on the streets fighting a bare-knuckle scrap-heap resistance - against invader and life itself.  I am the mud under my fingernails.  I am the blood on my hands.  I am the edge of my knife against your throat.


I swore to take the battle for revenge to the stars and while the path to that goal was hard won, it wasn't without its own lessons hard learned.  Befriended by the very enemy I swore to kill, I began to see the Universe for what it truly was and is, a blurred line between black and white, a place of death and decisions.  A place of overwhelming darkness broken only briefly by the light of stars.  I fly that blackness as an immortal.  A God among mortals, transformed into the instrument of my own fate.  Destined for life and haunted by countless deaths and re-births.  I am now free of gravity.  With a heavy weight tied around my soul.


I have learned much since breaking the bonds of atmosphere and dirt, plowed my way through the Universe and made my mark.  For much was to be learned, experienced and forged along my path.  I was drawn to the power of darkness and light, the allure of untamed space and the might of a sword aimed at what lay beyond the jump gates. I went headlong into Null Space and made my first foray into Providence.  Far to early for some, I laughed at their weakness and stared boldly into the black.  I died, each time re-born smarter, faster, better somehow to face the challenges that lay before me.  I learned much and became a steadfast warrior.  Swiftly I changed, from a boy full of hate into a man full of power.  I killed my enemies.


From time to time I would become distracted and leave Providence for new adventures, but each time I would hear the siren song and return to forge new destinies.  I became defender, aggressor, warrior of the promise that was what we believed could be.  I found friends that I would forge long standing bonds with, those that I would meet and pass for a short time, those I would learn from and those that I would grind under my boots.  I worked my way up the power ladder and worked hard to build something that I could call my own.


I failed.  Many times I failed.  But each time I picked myself up and undocked a new man.  Ultimately I failed to protect my home...twice.  The dream of Providence lies in flames. I shed blood in rivers of carnage.  But it wasn't enough.  It could never be enough.  I am spent, wasted and glorious in my revenge.


I am immortal.  I have all the time I will ever need.  I will continue the slaughter.  I cannot be stopped.





Other Blog Banterers:

CrazyKinux's Musings 
StarFleet Comms
A CareBears Journey
The Elitist
A Mule in Eve
Travels of the Ronin
Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah
Eve Opportunist
Roc's Ramblings

For even more Blog Banterers, visit this handy dandy link. More added daily.