A Question of Loyalty: Part Four

Parts One thru Three are below if you haven't read them yet.


The thing about loyalty, the part that trips people up, is that it's a two-way street.  A lot like friendships that way, or relationships in general, both parties have to want to tango.  If not, well then that is called Blind Loyalty.  And while that might work out for you in a Cult, it doesn't work for me.  Give and take, not too much of either.  Hey, I believe that is called balance.

I've spent a huge amount of time and isk over the last year moving back and forth between places.  Selling off assets, getting ganked in my Badger, or jumping into a gate camp in my Gila, risks I wouldn't have been taking if things had gone differently.  Doing these moves has not only hurt my killboard, which I don't really care about, but took a huge chunk of time away from the game.  Which is something I do care about.  The "game".  Hauling, selling, dying while hauling, these are not "game" things, these are "work" things.  And I am growing tired of working in my game.  I have precious little time to give to Eve as it is, I want to make the time I do have count.

These last few weeks have been a whirlwind for me.  I came back to Providence to help out with the expansion into Catch, a struggle that I have been advocating for over a year.  Fully expecting to fight, the whole thing fell apart rather quickly in my opinion.  I never even really got a chance to fight much, at least not in any way that mattered.  And we are talking about 12-16 hour CTAs here, this was never a question of commitment, not on my part.  After the fall of D-GTMI everything vanished.  CVA wanted our leadership to quit, our leadership wanted to strike a deal with -A-, and everyone started moving assets out of Providence in a panic.  Nature abhors a vacuum and that's what we had for over three weeks.  That stress can't be sustained and eventually we started losing members and then entire Corps.

The final straw, for me, might have been a combination of events that all happened immediately after the subsequent fall of 9-UY (Capital of CVA).  Once again, under orders, moving assets to low-sec, then being told to move some of them back, all while our Corp leadership struggled to make any decisions, one of our members managed to steal 20 billion in Corp assets including an Anshar (a very expensive Jump Freighter for those that don't know).  These events led Angor and I to decide to leave Providence for good.  To move on and get the stink of Provi, NRDS and all the drama from our boots.

Fortunately we weren't the only ones thinking along those lines.  Convo followed convo and eventually, along with a great group of fellow PvP focused pilots, we decided to form a new Corp - Unforgiven Blood.  To focus on having fun, raising Hell and shooting anything that we want to shoot.  We're forming up now, not a lot of us at the moment and that's just the way we like it.

So that brings the story up to the present.  I want to play Eve and not have it play me.  I've learned to stay out of politics and try to focus on the parts of the game that I really enjoy.  It is a game and needs to be treated as such.  I'm hopeful that the following months won't involve any more moving, changing Corps, Sov warfare and lag fests, and just wall-to-wall shooting of other people in their ill-fitted low-sec spaceships.