LFA Ministry of Propaganda

I have a lot of catching up to do in these posts, so they won't be following any sort of chronology and will probably skip around a bit. I'm basing what I write purely on what interests me when I sit down to write, so you never know what you might get. Today I thought I'd talk about the creation of the LFA Ministry of Propaganda and how that came about.

For those that might not know Libertas Fidelitas is an EVE Online Alliance that occupies space in the Providence region of the Eve Universe. LFA is part of a larger coalition of Alliances under CVA charter. Blah blah, the important thing is that I have been a part of LFA since shortly after I started playing Eve. Despite several attempts to leave and do other things, I always end up coming back. I'm sure I'll be writing more about that as I go along, for now that should suffice to establish the story.

I had been creating Eve based fan art sporadically up until early last Summer. Mostly because I didn't really have a focus and it was more of a "I'm bored, now what?" kind of motivation. So, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to create a job for myself. Why not establish a totally fabricated position within the Alliance and see how it goes. Give myself a job in other words. Out of that thought came the idea for the LFA Ministry of Propaganda with myself as the Minister of Propaganda. Now it would be up to me to create Alliance focused Propaganda campaigns (purely for the fun of it) to motivate, inspire and otherwise have fun with the Alliance and its members.

All of the art I created for the Ministry was presented to the Alliance on our Forum and isn't available to the public at large.  Which is yet another reason I created this blog, to be able to share my work with others.  The Alliance took to my work and Alliance leadership was very supportive.  I had feared that they might not take well to my assumption of a position, albeit one totally fictional, but they enjoyed the idea.

The poster below was the very first one I produced under the title, the poster happened to coincide with the creation of the new LFA logo (which I will talk about in the next post) and was a general call to arms.  It remains one of my favorites.  I haven't received the new issue of EON yet, but I believe this poster appears in that issue alongside the article about LFA.  It should be arriving soon.



You can view a larger version of the above image by clicking HERE.